Thursday 22 September 2011

Conkers...

Hello people back again after a weekend with my older lovelies ...
   I have decided to begin the 'great fitness revival' for my own and others(those that have to look at me) benefit. Having a baby, at what ever age, smashes your brain and body for a little while. Sometimes a long while in my case!
   We have gym membership, and have had for the whole of my time being pregnant, silly I know but seemingly more hassle to alter than to keep paying. Anyway I digress, I have been telling myself to get organised for at least ummmmm six months, but having Roo has been enough to organise without thinking or myself. We all know how things end up when we have small people bounce back into or indeed come into our lives.
    The preparation for the gym has begun, well yesterday it did and I intend to go when I leave the keyboard and have fed the young one his lunch. I have decided as a kind of preliminary warm up to throwing myself back onto the treadmill I will be taking a long walk daily. with the help of a pedometer and google maps I worked out yesterday that I managed 4.8 miles. Which I thought was a great start and I felt good about it, it works on two levels you get to feel fitter and you don't want to eat! Bonus!
    Now Conkers, I managed yesterday to walk under around forty Horse Chestnut tree's on the way out of the village and down my chosen path, they were everywhere I looked. I just couldn't resist picking them up, they shone out of the grass and on the wayside like some glowing prize calling out individually for salvation from someone's shoe or horror of horrors the wheel of a car! What is it about them i find so attractive? They just feel so good and look so amazing far to good to pass by. They bring back memories of when my oldies were young, going off on a Sunday with a carrier bag with Nathan to get as many as possible so that he could show them off to his friends and play conkers with them. Now I do realise Roo is still far to young for this but it seems I am not!
     Now what to do with them? answers on a postcard please! ..... they are jolly good moth and spider repellents so I may have a go at making them look nice and hanging them around the house. They are just so pretty and tactile, I do hope I haven't disappointed too many children by taking them!


No comments:

Post a Comment