Wednesday 7 September 2011

Smartipants ....

  Well here goes nothing ... before the holiday's some lovely lady came to visit our 'baby time' session and talked to us about the council initiative for refunding some cash if you invested in re-usable nappies. Details here
  She was a lovely young lady called Faatima, and was a Nappy Guru for Flll your pants. She offered all of us a sample pack of 'smartipants' nappies, each pack containing two spartipants wraps and two 'super absorbent microfibre' liners. Faatima was very helpful and sweet and introduced us all to the scheme and gave us the infor on the nappies she gave us and information on the website.
 'Smartipants' , at first look appear to be very similar to other nappies available on the market. In fact almost exactly the same as some i bought from China on Ebay. The poppers being exactly the same position wise and the 'leak guard technology' ( a seam) almost exactl;y placed in both.
 We do have many different brands of both nappy and insert and I would have to say they are much of a 'muchness' with the others we have. 
  Pro's 


  • They are slim when dry and wet
  • they wash and dry well and quickly
  • they are easy to use
  • wide range of colours
  • good strong snaps
Con's


  • they are not well 'finished' considering the price you are paying
  • Liners supplied are just ordinary
  • 'leak guard technology' is a seam and doesn't seem to work particularly differently to any other nappy I have used
  • they promise the world and are at best ordinary

    The biggest plus point about this freebie from the Nappy guru, is that they were well packaged and supplied in a lovely wet nappy bag. I have I admit used the wet nappy bag more than I have the nappies! It is dead handy all the time.

      We used the nappies whilst away camping and at home over the six weeks holiday, I have not been asked to do these reviews or given anything for the purpose of this blog. Whilst I am happy to review if companies/people wish me to this review has been written for anyone that cares to read it and I hope it will help other people make an informed choice when buying their cloth nappies.
       On the plus side, all I can do is praise the work of the Nappy Guru's and sing the praises of http://www.fill-your-pants.com/. Without one i would not have found the other! http://www.fill-your-pants.com/ is an amazing website very easy to use with lots of offers and giveaways available. I am most impressed by the 'pants points' such a good idea and a great way to spread the cost of cloth nappies.
      I was a convert before I found the site but I do feel it is the most informative and friendly of the various sites available on the web today. They hold lots of stock not only nappies and they are well worth a look!


  The opinions here are mine and I have not been paid or invited to write this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment